b Purely Gibberish

Friday, March 30, 2007

Ahhhhhh.... What A Day!!



I slept at around 8 pm last night and at 5 am, I was up and about. I took a shower and had breakfast. Hangin' around for a while and checked my e-mail(s) before leaving the house at 715am and headed towards the hospital. Today, Dr. F and Dr. C weren't around and things were just different without them. Today, we had a temporary 'boss' i.e. Dr. N and if you can hear the tone of my voice announcing the title, you'll know I don't really like him. Usually what happened during a ward round is; after Dr. F or Dr. C had spoken with the patients, they will look relieved; I can say that they do look happy despite being sick and unwell. But after the ward round today, every patients look miserable. Today, a patient was told directly that he probably has a tumour. Today, an intern was scolded in front of a patient and in front of us i.e. the newbies. Today, a patient cried. What happened with good manners, privacy and respect we did learn in school? Off with the books?? Even I couldn't helped it but to feel miserable too! Well, thanks to the new 'boss' I suppose.

Later in the morning, we were told by the 'boss' to take history of a patient and then to present the case to him. During the presentation, Amira was just starting off with the presenting complaint when the 'boss' started interrupting and pointing out all sorts of inadequacies in her report. He went on with a lecture on how to take a good history and blahh blahh. At that moment, all that I can think about was : this man just love to hear his own voice. Hello, you haven't heard the rest of the report yet! And in the end, Amira couldn't finish up presenting the case and that was another hour down the drain.

Then, he gave us another patient to take a history from - and it was my turn to present the history and the same thing happened; but I did a mistake, I interrupted him and gave my point of view which was slightly against what he said. He actually made Amira went to the patient twice to get the patient to say "yes" to the most stupid question( I don't even want to tell you what it was) just to prove to me that he was right! OMG, I felt insulted by the look he gave me when Amira confirmed that the patient actually said yes. So, what? Are you happy now? I am still learning, HELLO!!

Okay, from today's incident I conclude that knowledge doesn't always come with smile and open arms ready to enlighten me. Sometimes knowledge come with gruesome and fierce face and it is I who have to smile and open my arms to be enlightened.

Today, I managed to draw some blood too! Not from a patient, but from Amira! She was willing to sacrifice her arm for me, I will not forget it for the rest of my life. Having Dr. S (the surgeon intern) and Amira herself calming me down as I started to panic when I saw blood coming out - well, that was the best experience ever. And after that, we all ate chicken which prepared by Dr. A's wife!!

And later, I found out that the result for pharmacology was up in the department- finally, the truth that was holding me back from making any holiday plan was up in front of my eyes and I didn't know how to react. I wasn't proud (at all) with what I got but the main important thing is, I don't have to repeat the paper. Phewwww....what a relief! I slept the afternoon through and it did help me to cheer up a bit - I was feeling a bit down, probably due to the result. Later in the evening I was up smiling and I cleaned the toilets sparkling white!!

Elenor (the landlady) came to renew the agreement and we will have this house for another year! Yeay!

I can hear my heart singing now..fell in LOVE instantly with this song by KT Tunstall. Yerp, Suddenly I See. Enjoy! :)

Happy weekend everyone!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home