b Purely Gibberish

Monday, April 03, 2006

Silence..




Silence is sometime more meaningful than hours of conversations, someone once said to me. Not having to lie,cheat or hurt other people's feelings-just by being a silent listener. I, on the other hand, love to talk. For me, being able to talk is the true meaning of living my life. Hehehe.... ;)
Have you ever met a person who can talk non-stop for a whole day? No? Well, you haven't met me yet.

I've once had attended a class of which a General Practitioner(GP) gave a brief lecture about her days work. Upon giving her lectures, she stop and asked "How long do you think the time a GP would spent per patient?". Simple question. I answered, "30 minutes". Wrong. A girl answered, " An hour". Waayyy over the time limit. She said, a GP can only spend at most 10 minutes per patient. All of us who attended the lecture were quite shocked. How does a GP manage to get everything done in that short period? "Hi, good morning Mr X. How are you keeping on?". Two minutes at least. Then the patient would answer, of course wanting to tell everything to the GP. "Oh doctor, I think I am not feeling well. The other day...blah blah blah..".This would take at least half an hour right? Wrong. The GP told us that, if we were to leave a patient talking-without interupting, she/he will finish telling us(the doctors and doctors wannabe) everything in less than 2 minutes. Are you sure? She has been a GP for more than 5 years. She is very sure-why shouldn't I?

I have no problem with that. Okay,10 minutes it is per patient~But my problem is-the interupting part. As i said before, I love to talk. It's my purpose of living. In order to have only ME talking, other people have to listen right? How can I allow only my patients talk? I need my time to talk as well. I need to........hermm, oh well,I really have to improve my listening skill. Period.

Note to self: listen more and talk less, I can do it~! =)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger migrante said...

hi again
congratulations, new skin is nice, very nice.

11:50 PM  
Blogger min said...

:p oooo non-stop talker eh??hehehe bet u r talking to urself la now n since we r moving to a new house with new neighbours-which i think 'll just b next to ur room u better use this few days to talk to urself in whatever volume u want cos when the time come for u to stay in that new room i guess the neighbours 'll start banging on ur wall hahahaha :p farah jgn marah ye farah ye :D

8:55 PM  
Blogger fAraHnaDiaH said...

tak marah la....geram je..hehhehe...can't you hear me talking to myself these few days and sometimes i did sing out-loud..? I know i can't do it anymore once we moved to the new house,i'll miss hearing my own voice *sigh*

9:27 PM  
Blogger min said...

well i dont mind if u want to continue that in the new house u know :p heheh but aimee'll b mad but then u guys' room r next to each other n since u can hear her memorising those anat books or whatever subject she's studying now maybe u can after all continue talking out loud or is it singing out loud when we move into that house but as i said the neighburs might b a bit bengang or u can just pretend u can't hear them :D hahaha

12:12 AM  
Blogger fAraHnaDiaH said...

hehehe....what a good idea. In fact i'll probably just wore a headphone, so everyone else can hear my screeching voice(incl.you), except me!
Or, I can continue whatever I am doing now(singing out-loud, talking alone,etc.) and just pretend that I don't hear anyone's complain if anyone dare to do so.
What a brilliant Idea indeed! thanks Najmi~!!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home