b Purely Gibberish

Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Joy of Moving Out.



We've had finally moved in to this new house. The feeling is just overwhelming. Joy and happiness collide and our laughter just exploded in the end of the day when we've had settled in this house-after a tiring session of cleaning up both of the houses; eating away maggi mee for dinner, at the end we felt we found our home. It was last Friday. This utter happiness is probably due to the fact that this new house is thousand times more comfortable compared to the old house. The interior is just excellent. Reminiscent of an old English house, yet the sophisticated furnishings bring slight of modern touch and this house stood up beyond the rest-yes, I am exaggerating just a bit. What am I trying to say anyway, this new house is just-superb. Period.

Oh, how easily I forgot. No matter how bad the old house was, we've all had created our memories there. Footprints of our joyous and sad reminiscences, kept safely within that house. In that big (now is abandoned) house, we confront the fears of living lives as second med students - not that the journeys are over for us, but almost. Moreover, in that very house, we had also known each other. Sharing secrets and wishful thinking, I never regret my decision choosing to be one of their housemate. Now at this stage of time, all of us treat each other as more than normal friends; perhaps like sisters. We've been through a lot of obstacle in life together, experience that no other people can take away from us.


I can still remember the day when I was unpacking my stuff in that old house. I was so exhausted after a very long journey from Malaysia, yet the joy of finally settling in that house had overcome the tiredness. My old room was still empty back then. I kept on smiling, the first thing I did was putting up the new curtains that my mother sewn for me the day before my flight to Dublin. As days went by, I began filling the room with lots of junks. New small metal stool, rattan waste basket, beanbag, asplenium; you name it. And suddenly I was packing up all my stuff -"I am about to leave this room, permanently", that's all that was playing in my mind. Finally, when everything was already sent away to the new house; I can't help feeling despair as I took out the very same curtains down, fold it and put it in my luggage where it finally rest there. The curtains are red and the new room is bright yellow-it woudn't match anyway.

Now, I am in my new room, looking out at the old house. The house looks very lonely indeed. No more lights shines from any of the rooms during the night. I hope it can find itself new tenants that will treat it nicely and laugh a lot like we did when we were there, so that it won't be lonely anymore. My new room is cozy and warm, I can't help it but to adapt to it ever so quickly, nevertheless in some way I miss the old room and can't help it but to recall the days when I was jumping around in it - the joy of only I would understand.

Goodbye St. Anne (as the old house is called), hope the mould won't eat you up.

Note: The old room is the top photo, bottom one is my new room.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Adilla Nur said...

fab house! ...with the quiet kitchen drawers =p

12:15 PM  
Blogger fAraHnaDiaH said...

thanks~ ohh,yes that is the most outstanding feature in our house-the quiet kitchen drawers! hehehe...=p

2:26 PM  
Blogger Edward Ott said...

Moving is always emotional. I remember a wreck of an old house we lived in when we were just starting up. we moved out the old house and my wife who had found the new house started to cry. when i asked why as it was a run down old house she pointed to the room and noted this is where abdulrahman took his first step. we build memories where ever we live. luck with school.

Salam

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home