b Purely Gibberish

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Foodmarket(Bazaar Ramadhan), Dinner with Dean, Pharmacology MCQ and One Day National Fast.

You see, I am very busy. Four events to participate and all are held in the same week. This very week. Sure is one heck of a busy week isn't it? Now let me tell you about the events that had already took place, and some interesting stories alongside it. i've been putting this entry on hold for so long and it had been bugging me even in my prrecioousss sleep. So, there you go!

Foodfair(Bazaar Ramadhan) |14th October 2006 |4pm-6pm | Aras na McLean

This activity was organised by PPIMG, one of Malaysian students' society in NUI Galway. We basically cook and sell Malaysian food in the university to introduce the foreigners(eh, that's us), I mean the Irish and other nationalities in NUI galway some Malaysian food and how good they tastes and finally to let them know we can actually cook great tasting food! I made up the last part. Heh.

It was fun until we discover the foodbag we were using was so fragile and the seal kept tattering so food went all the way through and end up on the floor-darn you foodbag!! I was so panicked that I volunteered to go to the shop to buy some more foodbags. I end up going to six shops as none had any - alas, one shop near the town city do sell them but they were the same brand as the one we had. I bought it anyway-out of desperation.

When I came back to the university, all the food from our stall was 90% sold. They've used the foodbags from other people's stall. Duhh. I felt stupid, useless and unreliable. I was about to cry. But luckily I noticed someone so special there *hint*hint. He name is like everywhere in my blog entry lately! Ahahaha it was Adam of course. We had a brief talk but enough to make me feel better. Teehee...hope you're reading this Esther!

Dinner with Dean | 16th October 2006 | 730pm-900pm |Westwood Hotel



Most of the 3rd meds were struggling to decide wether they want to attend this dinner or not. We will have Pharmacology MCQ the next morning, and it's on 9am. Tskk tskk..my housemates were also having a difficult time making up their minds but all decided to go anyway. YEAY!

We came late for the dinner as the taxi drivers was struggling to find where our house is. OMG, our street address i.e. St Enda's Road wasn't in his new hi-tec route planner because our neighbourhood is like established from the last century-so, we are sort of being forgotten. Poor us... :( When we arrived, loads of people were already there and we have to sit at table 17, with the former dean and four of our other classmates. Very hostile man, that former dean-now I feel bad for not knowing his name-but I had great time chatting with him.

The food was okay, but I've had better ..teehee, luckily we don't have to pay for it. Food is on the house!!! While lining up and wait for our turn to get the food- we're having a formal dinner in a hotel and have to line up haha- Adam said, "hey Farah, are you going to cook me dinner; these much?", while grinning happily and showed what he had on his plate. OMG, scanning that plate briefly I can see some rice, chicken, slices of bread, some potato, salad(God knows what beneath them) and so I said, "you WISH!!".

At the end of the dinner, Adam and I took a picturetogether. Referring to what he said and what I agreed myself ; "it's our annual thing".

Pharmacology MCQ | 17th October 2006 | 9ooam |Finnegan Suite
Can I not talk about this please. Thank you.

One Day Natinal Fast(ODNF) breaking fast/dinner reception | 19th October 2006 | 630pm | The Hub

We invited everyone to fast for a day to collect donation for human Appeal and the InterPal, organisations that help the Palestinian. This is an annual activity held by Muslim youth Society. I gave Adam the ODNF t-shirt and he was wearing it all day despite the small size. He claimed that he look like Brian Higgins. Yeah Adam, you're like Brian H allright, minus the athlete muscles. LoL.

Got a chance eating together with him(alone). Went back home smiling allllllllllll the way~

p/s: so sad because the only event I had pictures taken was the dinner.*sigh*

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home