b Purely Gibberish

Saturday, April 29, 2006

What is happening?

Practically everyone in college is going through a very, very, very stressful stage of life right now-exam is getting close up front. In order to get an excellent result, people would do just about anything. Stay up memorising notes all night, stay in the library all day, get self-prescribe drug to improve long term memory, eat a lot of fish, anything!

What did I do myself? Well, let me think....I did went to the library-which is full of stressful faces all the time. I like to watch them by the way. Some of them look very busy indeed, writing frenziedly with papers scattered everywhere on their table. Some just stares emptily at I don't know what as if their notes are written on the empty air and they are the only one who can see it. Some look very relax, prepared and in control but some even look so panic, they can puke infront of their notes right there and then. I don't know I am in which category and let's not just ramdomly guess... :)

Few days ago, I was in the library as usual. The sun was glaring gayly in the blue sky. And I can see in everyone's face - the look. You know when you're a kid, you have to do your homework and couldn't watch tv until you are done-strict rule of the house. But suddenly, you can hear your favourite show is on air- your yonger sister was watching it because she hasn't yet start school. You really wanted to screw the homework and go watch the tv instead. But, in the end you know you'll be scolded by your mom if you didn't do your homework properly. So, you just sit there in front of your book, your mind elsewhere, feel guilty occasionally and try to focus on the subject- that kind of look. Did you get what I mean?

It's always hard when the weather is so beautiful and you have to face the book instead. If you are living in Ireland, you'll understand what I mean about having a good weather and why is it so meaningful to have one...heheheh :D

I like this country-the scenery is unique, dare I say, one of a kind. But, the bills are ridiculous. When you want to terminate the phone line, you'll have to pay 'the termination bill'-which will cost you extra one month rental plus the bill you have to pay for the respective month itself. What is that? Same goes to the tax. I think 13.5% on VAT , is just too much. ESB is ripping off our allowance - which can be used to serve better purposes, like shopping...hehehe... Ehh we need clinical i.e. formal attire for clinical attachment next year-that is a valid reason to shop right? Hehehe.. ;p

About being in the library...well, lots of things happened there as well. Intan and I had made a lot of discoveries. We found our own Superman-he is currently a 1st year medical student. He closely resembles Tom Welling- yumm yummm...if I can touch that biceps of his..... Hahaha! Just kidding. I wouldn't dare to-or would I? Then, there were this trio-they will always sit at the same spot. We always notice them there, everyday, sitting together at the desks by the exit door and one day, we have to sit in front of them as our usual place had been taken- we had made yet another discovery. They stinks!! I almost puke- seriosly.

And then there is this guy- he resembles our Physiology lecturer, Dr. Leo Quinlan perfectly. His height, hair colour, eyes, everything! He is like the younger version of the actual Dr. Leo Quinlan. So, we dicide to call him Dr. Leo. Cute lad, but look very stressful yesterday. He even had to wear earplug and a cap which is drawn low enough to cover all of his side-glance view in order to concentrate on his note - hear no evil, see no evil. Hahaha!

Yesterday's weather was great as well.....and most people decide to study outside of the library instead. They really enjoy the nice weather. These are some pictures from yesterday. See what I mean...Irish really appreciate the nice weather!
Have to study now- later folks!

p/s: the last picture is the one I like the most - no particular reason, I just like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home