b Purely Gibberish

Tuesday, November 13, 2007


Emotional.

I was in plastic Outpatient today and spent most of my morning admiring Dr. John- I can pretty much say at this point that I am kind of attracted to him. He is so COOL and RELAX - which is totally opposite of my "ALL OVER THE PLACE" nature- people do say OPPOSITE ATTRACTS. Point taken. He jokes around when I least expect it; hehehe..totally funny. (I LIKE!)

Then I decided to follow Mr McCann for the rest of the afternoon alongside five other students plus an intern (!!) in and out of four different rooms in the Outpatient department. Mr McCann loves having students trailing behind him as he attend to each patients; plus he really is a GREAT teacher. He teaches a lot-and asked A LOT of questions too! Heh.

During one of the Q&A sessions, my brain was forced to come out with some answers and he wouldn't take "I can't remember" as a reply. My face was blushing hot as 10 pairs of eyes (including the patients') was looking straight at me, waiting for me to explain about "TRIGGER FINGER". Glad I'd got over it, still fully intact...though my ego was a bit bruised -but nothing major that I can't bounce back from! (at the end of the day 'Seborrhoeic keratosis' gave me a reason to smile!)

At one point, Mr McCann was attending to one little boy; about 6-7 years of age. He had his left ear bandaged and as well as his upper lip and nose. As Mr McCann took off the bandages, the deformities made clear. He had his cleft palate repaired and possibly an insertion of a small plastic ventilation tube in the eardrum to allow proper drainage and air circulation as cleft can interfere with the function of the middle ear. When the bandages were off, the boy asked if he can see himself in front of the mirror. Mr McCann said, "Go ahead"- and I could never ever forget the expressions on his face as he sees the mirror for the first time. He looked so RELIEF- constantly moving his head up, down and to the right side while checking his well intact left ear, nose and lips ; he looked SURPRISE too, but most importantly was he looked so HAPPY! He joyously said "THANK YOU!!" to Mr McCann. Awhhhh..indescribable feelings of warmth suddenly rushing within and I feel like crying.. at that moment I am so inspired to become a plastic surgeon. Hehe..

Met A LOT of really GOOD LOOKING patients again this week. OMG, seems like plastics outpatient clinics are always full of them. Mind you, they are not in for any plastic surgery, face lifts or anything like that! One had splinter on the right arm of which need the bandages changed , one had keloid scar on the chest who wants it removed, one had some kind of accident involving his right index, middle and ring fingers which need the be x-rayed and reviewed. There you go, full report of my outpatient activity for today. :)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger min said...

lawa gamba ngehehe :p

9:46 AM  
Blogger fAraHnaDiaH said...

ni la namenye edited version..ngehhhh ;)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

edit ke tak edit... aku tetap tampan.... hmmmm

11:53 PM  
Blogger min said...

wahahha ade org prasan :p

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home