b Purely Gibberish

Friday, December 15, 2006

Chatting? It's Not an Option.

My laptop really has 'melted' on me. 'Melted' is the term used by Prof Dockery when he explained that his laptop no longer functions normally, hence he couldn't post his lecture notes on the Blackboard (note: Blackboard is a site created by the university for students and lectures; to access notes, to give announcements and stuff, making everyone's life easier!-yeah right). Anyway, I came home last night to discover the horror of my virus infected laptop-I could no longer "socialize" ; here meaning I could no longer chat using the yahoo messenger. The windows turn blank. Everything's there as whatever normal chatting window has. The only problem is, I couldn't read things that's written by me or the other party. Sweet isn't it? It feels like talking to an invisible person, only that this time the person is invisible and so as their words.

Haihh...I always have this idea that technology and I will never be friends with each other. Embrace the technology, so as people have said. You know how hard it is to do just exactly that? I'd rather give my cat a bath. I've lost my cat anyway, I think giving a bath to an imaginary cat would be easier, wouldn't it? I am not a computer-illiterate person, (no!) or else I wouldn't be writing my ramblings here, right(?). It's just that I am not interested to find out more, beyond emails and friendster, uploading and downloading stuff. I probably wouldn't be able to understand it even if I try. I haven't tried? No, of course not! Who wants a self-prescribe headache?

From Merriam-Webster:
Main Entry: il-lit-er-ate
Pronunciation: (")i(l)-'li-t(&-)r&t
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin illiteratus, from in- + litteratus literate
1 : having little or no education; especially : unable to read or write
2 a : showing or marked by a lack of familiarity with language and literature b : violating approved patterns of speaking or writing
3 : showing or marked by a lack of acquaintance with the fundamentals of a particular field of knowledge
synonym see IGNORANT

Hahahahhaha.(funny)

About my yahoo messenger, I've tried unstalling and re-installing the program. Didn't work. Anyone have any idea what should I do, please??

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

format jer la komp ko tuh... kasik bersih suci skit... heheh bukan susah punn =)))

2:06 AM  
Blogger fAraHnaDiaH said...

ko tolong buatkn bleh? hehe:)

2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha boleh jer time bosan2 takde mende nak buat nih.. tp luse aku dah takde kat galwayyy nak pi amster dammmmm!!! hahah yeeyeahh

4:27 PM  
Blogger Valjam Boyd said...

huhu..nice layout babe..despite ur laptop being melted ..

another use of the term melted down...

" Ah..meltednyer " (translation: ah..cairnyer..)

ahahah..saja nak merepek farah..

2:25 PM  
Blogger fAraHnaDiaH said...

heh..thanks marisa :)
manage to use every available resources and voila(!)..hehe

"ah...meltednyer" itu are very dangerous term, hence use with precautions. Jangan amik lebih dose, nnt 'high'. Kehkehkeh

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home